OT: Working in Premiere - this is hilarious...

Posted by grafixjoe 
OT: Working in Premiere - this is hilarious...
March 15, 2012 05:06PM

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT: Working in Premiere - this is hilarious...
March 15, 2012 05:12PM
Got to love the Freddy Mercury Playback Engine.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 15, 2012 06:54PM
I'd love to work with those guys, great sense of humour.

March 15, 2012 11:32PM
"Now I can edit all my home movies in 4k"

I shot coffee through my nose at that point...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 16, 2012 09:54AM
64 year to render. That wasn't that long ago...

Is that really what the new interface looks like?
March 16, 2012 12:31PM
It is. NICE looking interface.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 16, 2012 12:38PM
Its just like Final Cut Pro 8

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 16, 2012 02:01PM
One thing that looks like something from FCPX (ducking for cover) is the, (Not sure what it will be called), "clip viewer, or bin." Can you play or skim the clips?
March 16, 2012 08:13PM
No one who knows can say, because of NDAs.

It's just like Final Cut Pro 8.

March 16, 2012 08:18PM
Taking a line from the #johnadobe video. "Some people call it Final Cut Pro 8."

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 17, 2012 06:12AM
that line will make Adobe millions!
i hope those guys get a cut.

nick
March 19, 2012 07:43AM
Yep. Final Cut Pro 8, plus Motion 6 (better known as AE), DVD Studio Pro 5 (better known as Encore), Soundtrack Pro 4 (better known as Audition, with the added benefit that it actually works), plus On Location, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Bridge, Dynamic Link, and a bunch of other very cool stuff and advanced features all running in 64 Bit = Final Cut Studio 4 (better known as Adobe Production Premium CS 5.5). Not to mention Color 2 (reportedly coming soon as SpeedGrade).

The next logical step would be to have a really fast new MacPro to run it all on. One with features like being able to upgrade the processor, full support for all manner of GPU cards including the Nvidia Tesla, inexpensive RAM, more than just 4 card slots, USB 3.0 ports built in, eSata ports built in, BluRay on board, all manner of card reader slots on board, etc.

About 12 months ago I never expected that I'd be saying this, but within 4 days from ordering, we picked up a custom-built and tuned PC last week with Windows 7 Ultimate, 2 Nvidia Quadros and 64 GB of RAM for about US$ 3K. We'll be upgrading the processor as soon as the new Intels are released and also pop in a Tesla or two (it holds up to 4). Meantime, after a week of testing and basic benchmarking, performance is already excellent and - surprise - Win7 Ultimate thus far is actually completely stable.

So, got a foot in both camps now and although we're still waiting for Apple to announce what they've decided to do with the MacPro, I think that it has probably fallen way too far behind for Apple to invest in making it competitive again. They've become far more succesful with other product offerings, which are focused largely on broad-based media delivery, than with computer hardware. The pro users, whose focus is on high-end media creation using a panoply of now platform-independent apps and tools (CS5.5, Smoke, DaVinci Resolve, Maya, Cinema 4D, V-Ray, to name a few) are of no real further concern.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics