Another Other NLE

Posted by ClayC 
Another Other NLE
March 27, 2012 06:17AM
Wondering where this might lead to:

[www.lynda.com]

See the "Editing videos in the Timeline panel" clip as well as the 3D functions clips below it.
Re: Another Other NLE
March 27, 2012 11:18AM
I think this is a smart move by Adobe. Photoshop has a huge userbase and its users will be able to edit video within their comfort zone, much like some After Effects artists I know who insist on editing in AE because they don't understand Premiere or any other NLEs nearly as well.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 27, 2012 12:49PM
There will be no need to go to iMovie for many PS users, for their video needs.
March 27, 2012 12:50PM
Kind of funny that AE artists can't figure out Premiere Pro since it and AE are so similar.... I've heard the same thing here and it never made sense to me.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
March 27, 2012 12:52PM
I used to do image editing in Shake because I preferred the nodal UI and didn't know Photoshop very well.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 27, 2012 02:51PM
Makes sense to me (AE guy 16 years). Let's not hope Adobe senses something and creates "Photoshop X" and discontinues Premiere drinking smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 27, 2012 03:00PM

Kind of funny that AE artists can't figure out Premiere Pro since it and AE are so similar.... I've heard the same thing here and it never made sense to me.

Yeah I thought it was an urban myth but on several occasions I had to instruct AE users how to use Premiere.

But its also baffling to me that AE users sometimes don't know PS or that PS users find AE so alien.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 28, 2012 01:44AM
>But its also baffling to me that AE users sometimes don't know PS or that PS users find AE so
>alien.

I know of AE users who work on stills in AE because they arent familiar with PS.

I use PS for some titles, even though Illustrator is vector based.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 28, 2012 06:40AM
Played around with last night it for a few hours. It's very basic as far as editing is concerned, but goes a lot deeper in VFX and Compositing terms than it first appears. The export options are seriously good.
Anonymous User
March 31, 2012 08:52AM
is very good ..tanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics