ProRes in Premiere

Posted by Jude Cotter 
ProRes in Premiere
April 22, 2012 08:14PM
I've been using this method this week and thought I'd share this excellent tutorial on a ProRes workflow in Premiere Pro.

[blogs.adobe.com]

I'm actually pulling HDV right off cards with no transcode, dumping them on a ProRes timeline, no rendering - then exporting as ProRes at the end.

On the export side I'm having to do lots of individual cuts for this job, and this is a bit of a pain because I can't figure out a useful batch method without making each cut its own sequence and using AME, but the time saved at the start mitigates this for me right now. Hopefully some kind of batching will be forthcoming.

Re: ProRes in Premiere
April 23, 2012 01:48AM
Fill out a Feature Request! Adobe is listening!!

[www.adobe.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 23, 2012 03:15AM
Why dont you dynamic link it to AE and batch export it?

www.strypesinpost.com
April 23, 2012 06:35AM
In the end I got the keyboard shortcuts down and it wasn't too bad. Shift / to mark the clip, command m to export media. Only annoyance is having to reset the 'match sequence settings' checkbox every time.

Useable, but not as good as a batch export command. Never entered my mind to go to AE - great idea.

April 24, 2012 03:39AM
Yep, filled in the request today. Batch Export is the only thing that I've come across so far that I'm really missing. Still using FCP7 or Streamclip or Episode. The AE route works too, but all Adobe needs to do is include a Batch Export function into the otherwise excellent Media Encoder. If enough editors ask for it, it will happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics