OT-Testing out Adobe Suite on a New 8 core Mac -AE kicks on it!

Posted by mark@avolution 
OT-Testing out Adobe Suite on a New 8 core Mac -AE kicks on it!
June 01, 2012 10:16AM
I have to put a system, which is a Lion OSX, 2 x 2.4Ghz Quad Intel and 18G of Ram through
it tests before it goes to the client. It has an Intensity Pro, and three drive raid with WD 2.2G drives.

Full disclosure, I have always been a PC man, but this system makes me say wow!

I can bring in uncompressed 1920x1080 QT from 3D Studio Max, and this system is MONSTER FAST
in Adobe After Effects
(Sorry for Shouting <smiling smiley

It has the Adobe Suite, not FCP, but I really, really want to cross over and convince every one to ditch all
our PCs and go Mac!

But alas, after testing, this system goes to the client... sad face
Re: OT-Testing out Adobe Suite on a New 8 core Mac -AE kicks on it!
June 01, 2012 10:19AM
Interesting... apparently the opposite is true of Premiere.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 01, 2012 12:20PM
I have the Mac Pro 1,1 (first generation). I was able to drop a 12 minute 10-bit uncompressed 1920x1080 clip in the timeline of Premiere Pro CS6, and it played without rendering it. It played all the way through without stopping or stuttering. I was able to enable the mercury playback engine by hacking the OpenCL. It would never play in FCP 7 on my system.
June 01, 2012 12:54PM
I should have mentioned it is only Adobe Suite 5.5 on this system.
June 01, 2012 09:23PM
I dont have to render to play Uncompressed in FCP either. Uncompressed is very light on the processors but heavy on the storage. So it us storage you are looking at. Put a RED Epic clip in the timeline. That's processor intensive.

That said, premiere is more responsive than FCP. So is Avid MC6.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 02, 2012 08:56AM
I had a really hard time playing uncompressed footage in FCP. But now no problem. CS6 gave my old Mac Pro a few more years of life.
June 30, 2012 02:58AM
Ah. Yea. I tried it too with a DPX sequence, and i believe it's the caching, but it's pretty cool.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics