Track targeting in CS6?

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Track targeting in CS6?
August 14, 2012 08:45AM
There doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut for track targeting in CS6 that I can find. Most places I am working with PP now all use the FCP keys, but they don't work for this. Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut for track targeting? I swear I must be missing something, because every now and then I look up and all my tracks have been toggled off, so maybe there is one? I like having them all on so I can jump from cut to cut with the up and down arrows still.

Right now I've added it to my home rig as f5 for all video tracks on, shift f5 for all video tracks off and f6 and shift f6 for all audio toggle. But it must be in there, because they're randomly toggling off somehow on rigs I haven't changed the keyset for.

Re: Track targeting in CS6?
August 14, 2012 03:44PM
Track targeting has no keyboard shortcuts right now. It's a big problem that we know about and are working on. Make a request: [www.adobe.com]
August 14, 2012 07:12PM
Thanks Kevin. If there's no shortcut, I wonder how they keep getting toggled off? I'm trying to catch it happening but so far no luck.

August 14, 2012 07:18PM
Oh, I just made a feature request that posted it self while I was typing. I guess there's a hard limit on the number of characters lol.

August 16, 2012 05:11PM
>I wonder how they keep getting toggled off

There are keyboard shortcuts for that. It works like Avid, but clunkier. Search for "toggle" or find it in under "sequence" in keyboard shortcuts.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 16, 2012 07:02PM
I can't see that here, Strypes - there is a listing for a keyboard shortcut, but no actual shortcut. Like I said I've edited my home copy to use f5 and f6 for all on and off, but it would be good if there were a set that allowed you to turn on and off specific tracks like in FCP 7.

August 16, 2012 07:11PM
I have mine set F1 to F4 to toggle target video tracks 1 to 4 and the subsequent ones for audio tracks. You may have to map them. There are loads of goodies hidden in PPro shortcuts that may or may not be mapped, like ripple in/out point to playhead, extend in/out point to playhead, "new title based on current", replace edit, and Adobe's version of sync point editing for replace edits, zoom in project panel, etc...

www.strypesinpost.com
August 16, 2012 07:37PM
> I like having them all on so I can jump from cut to cut with the up and down arrows still.

You can also remap this so down goes to "next edit on any track", then map cmd down to "next edit", etc..

Then use Jon's awesome Preference Manager to import your keyboard shortcuts.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 17, 2012 06:04AM
Oh, next edit on any track? Totally doing that one.

Had a fun day today with layered .psds in PP doing animations. I like the import query that asks if you want individual layers, a sequence of all your layers or a merged doc, then gives you the option to choose which layers you want to keep from a larger document. Also like the round tripping to PP for repairs. Most of this was there in FCP, but it is a bit more efficient in PP, obviously given that they're both Adobe products.

Oh, and blending options and drop shadows come in fine too. So yay!

October 11, 2012 04:43PM
Yes, it is true that there are a LOT of keyboard shortcuts available but are not set by default. You need to spend some time setting all the shortcuts you use most frequently.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics