CS6 Batch export

Posted by Jude Cotter 
CS6 Batch export
August 26, 2012 03:41AM
I have a client who does interviews that get chopped up into individual answers and added to a growing resource on a webpage. The work is dead easy, but when it comes to exporting it takes way longer than it should do, because I can't find a batch functionality that works for this in PP CS6.

Right now, on each sequence, I select a clip, mark its in and out, then export media, then hit 'match sequence', then click on the name to change the name and the place its saving to, then click on 'use previews' (to make it faster) then hit 'queue' which sends it to AME which is awesome.

Then, however, when I go to the next clip on the timeline, I have to do the entire process again. The export window does not remember my previous settings. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way I can just dump all the cut clips from my timeline to export as individual units.

Does anyone have a faster workaround? Each person has about 17 questions, and I get 6 or 8 interviews at a time, so it adds up to a lot of clicking that surely could be a more streamlined process.

Re: CS6 Batch export
August 26, 2012 08:23AM
For the batch export functionality, send them a feature request. [www.adobe.com]

The default naming convention uses the sequence name. So if you can get the clips into properly named sequence, the export will be a lot easier, but yea, there isn't a batch export functionality. Even AE does it better and you can set an export preset as a default.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 26, 2012 10:35AM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Then, however, when I go to the next clip on the
> timeline, I have to do the entire process again.
> The export window does not remember my previous
> settings. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way I
> can just dump all the cut clips from my timeline
> to export as individual units.

It should remember your previous settings. My Export > Media command always sets up for the previously exported clip. Same settings so all I have to do is hit Queue.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
August 26, 2012 07:32PM
Yeah I've got them in well named sequences and just have to add Q1, Q2 and so on, but it's still painful.

It's funny Walter - at another workplace I go to I'm sure it does remember the export settings, but this one doesn't. Hmm, maybe it's something to do with 'match sequence settings', because I'm always going off a preset on the other setup. I'll look into it.

August 27, 2012 07:53AM
Batch Export is sorely missing. I sent off a feature request awhile ago saying that there needs to be a way to simply select a group of clips or sequences from the project tab and set up a batch process. In other words, like in FCP7. The more of us that ask for it, the more likely it is that it will happen. In the same vein, I'm missing batch reconnect and have requested that too.
August 27, 2012 12:10PM
I didn't realize just how many unique features FCP 7 had until Apple killed it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
August 27, 2012 02:52PM
Avid does batch export too. And to self contained QuickTime or reference QTs or to any QT or supported export formats. There is one function that Avid does which is different from FCP, and that is when you export reference movies, it will render to the location specified under media creation settings, and export a reference movie, regardless of whether the sequences are rendered or not. FCP on the other hand, will render to the "reference QT" if the sequence is unrendered, making the movie a lot larger than it should be.

That said, legacy FCP was in a place of its own, with a mix of some features found in MC and Premiere and some features unique to FCP alone.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 27, 2012 07:07PM
Which is why we all loved it, and said so regularly.

August 31, 2012 05:49AM
As a follow up to this, I've found that it's only the 'match sequence settings' tickbox that doesn't stick. If you have a preset it will remember your last settings and use those. Still definitely could use improvement though.

On the other hand, just shipped out some shoulder mount chopper shots with warp stabilizer on them that looked like they were done with a schwem. Very pretty.

September 28, 2012 12:50AM
March 09, 2013 09:43PM
I've just found a solution:

Open Media Encoder and drag-and-drop your selected sequences from the project window in Premiere.

I'm using a Macbook Pro with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8 GB of Memory, running OSX v. 10.8.2.
March 09, 2013 09:49PM
Nice one! I didn't know that exists!

www.strypesinpost.com
March 10, 2013 03:27PM
Thanks for that. I realized that there are more options on the AME end. And AME has a function to import Premiere Pro sequence. And with that option, it is possible to select multiple sequences by holding shift or cmd.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 11, 2013 07:51PM
Ta Janturbo - I'll give that a shot. Wonder if it does in-to-out markers on selected sequences...

March 22, 2013 05:07PM
Batch Export is one feature I'd like to see in Premiere Pro. Make a feature request for this here: [www.adobe.com]

Thanks!

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics