PPro CS6 Re-Linking

Posted by strypes 
PPro CS6 Re-Linking
October 21, 2012 04:38PM
This was surprisingly better than I expected. I had a batch of footage (about 20 or so) that I forgot to re-name yesterday, and today, I had another batch with identically named files. So I pulled out R-Name and re-named the footage to include date of shoot. Because I also had a project with the same media in FCP (I'm using both apps for this project), I expected to manually re-link all 20 files in both apps, and that was the case in FCP. But surprisingly, PPro managed to re-link to all the footage with one click. I'm assuming Premiere linked to the files in the folder based on timecode, and maybe tape name, but I can't find any documentation on this. So yea, just throwing it out here.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: PPro CS6 Re-Linking
October 22, 2012 07:12PM
Yeah it does relink to media in the same place, but you need to really know where that media is. Which is only fair, it's just the stupid naming by the cameras, and multiple people working on multiple workstations on multiple NASs (NASi?) that makes it harder.

October 23, 2012 02:24AM
>it's just the stupid naming by the cameras

The surprise was that it reconnected even though the file names are different. Would be nice if you can set the rules for this.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 23, 2012 07:28AM
Oh, so you're saying you changed the names, then reconnected the first clip and it figured out the rest? I've not tried that one!

October 23, 2012 05:50PM
Yup! Got every clip right too, so I guess it used tape names and time code. Although I'm wondering what happens if I send it to a different folder where the tape names are the same.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics