+ and - Commands in PPro on Macbok Pro keyboard?

Posted by John K 
+ and - Commands in PPro on Macbok Pro keyboard?
October 24, 2012 08:29PM
In the middle of editing a project in Premiere Pro CS6, and I can't figure out how to invoke the "+" and "-" commands for moving clips on the timeline on my laptop keyboard. On my desktop it's no problem because I have a full-sized keyboard with dedicated plus and minus keys; on the Macbook Pro, holding down Shift and clicking "=" or clicking "-" has no effect. Does anyone know if these can be re-mapped in the keyboard shortcuts? Or is there another modifier key I need to press?

TIA,

JVK

October 24, 2012 11:06PM
Yea, that command needs a keypad. It's a function that has long been scrapped on a MBP. Bug you can get a USB keypad for a few dollars.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: + and - Commands in PPro on Macbok Pro keyboard?
October 24, 2012 11:14PM
On some MBP generations you can hold Fn and the number to invoke the numpad. I don't know if it works with the + and - keys though.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 24, 2012 11:16PM
I gotta try that, but I think that no longer works with the unibodys.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 25, 2012 01:05AM
I have the MBP 2008 15"; I'll try that in Premiere but just in Textedit it doesn't change anything. I don't see any keyboard settings to change in System Prefs either...

JVK
October 25, 2012 06:56PM
Option and the left and right keys will move the clips one frame at a time, and option shift left or right will move them five frames at a time. I couldn't find any other kind of nudge setting though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics