Improt Canon XF100 MXF files to Premier CS4

Posted by Violet10 
December 14, 2012 12:48AM
I have a Canon XF100 HD camera that outputs MXF files. I have CS4 Premiere Pro (on a PC) that does not import those MXF files. What should i do to make it readable in CS4?
Re: Improt Canon XF100 MXF files to Premier CS4
December 14, 2012 01:29AM
I'm not sure if it's supported in CS4. I say transcode it to ProRes, but you're on a PC. ProRes is Windows readable.

Big advice is to get PPro CS6. PPro CS6 supports it. And is more stable, much faster, and the trim tools are MUCH better.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 14, 2012 01:29AM
-- moved topic --
Anonymous User
December 17, 2012 10:21AM
With Adobe Premiere CS6, you should get plugin to help you import MXF, but in CS 4 there is not, you will need a converter to help you convert mxf to CS4 compatible format. Canon MXF Converter is needed to help you convert MXF to MPEG then import into CS4 PPro.
Anonymous User
January 10, 2013 12:48AM
Adobe Premiere CS4 doesn't support Canon MXF files woth AMA plugin, you hvae to upgrate CCS4 to CS6 or above.

Tip: Please open the PPro CS6 firstly, and then connect your Canon XF100 to your computer, if it doesn't work, you'd better try again.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2013 03:53AM
The MXF files shot by Canon XF camcorders could not be directly imported into Adobe Premiere Pro, so it need to convert to a format supported by Adobe Premiere like MPEG-2 or MOV. I use TransMXF for PC to convert MXF footage into H.264 mov to import into Adobe Premiere and it works well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics