anyone successfully using After Effects CS6 on newest macbook air?

Posted by robin 
anyone successfully using After Effects CS6 on newest macbook air?
March 15, 2013 10:15AM
Anyone successfully using After Effects CS6 on newest macbook air? Want to get a macbook air 13" 2GHz duo-core i7 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM 512GB Flash Storage. Want to know the limits of using it for After Effects. The screen is very small but would be using it as a secondary choice if I had to for short periods of time.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Robin
Re: anyone successfully using After Effects CS6 on newest macbook air?
March 15, 2013 01:16PM
It really depends on what you are doing. I won't recommend running ray tracer even if you can.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 15, 2013 01:47PM
I was very excited when they added raytracing until I realized that switching it on disables a lot of other features. I've found AE to be a lot more useful in regular 2.5D mode.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 22, 2013 05:09PM
The smallest MacBook Air would have problems with screen resolution, but the 13" should be fine for basic AE comps. If not, look into using proxies.

I have this: [www.maxon.net]

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
March 22, 2013 05:36PM
I started out on Maya but C4D is now my 3D app of choice so this is great news.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
May 09, 2013 10:19AM
Everything depends on what you are doing / how much RAM you have. IMHO there's just not enough horsepower on that machine to do massive FX compositions. AE is a RAM hog. I am doubling my RAM to 16 GB on my MBP (the last of the 17's) because it's not giving me enough preview time / app drags in heavy comps. I am also running a 27 inch monitor from it as well as 3 CalDigit VRs

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics