Adobe After Effects

Posted by Wanted Man 
Adobe After Effects
April 11, 2013 04:45PM
As an FCP editor what are the most common client requests via you and After Effects? What are the most commonly requested or working re-occurrences that one may need to be up on?

I've been in FCP for over 10 years, most of my title and credit sequence work has been done via photoshop and FCP motion keyframes, occasionally Motion. I know i can recreate popular looks graphically with texture.

Most editing jobs of course require AE. Could anyone possibly advise the most common techniques used and required, or a way of bringing myself up to speed asap. I do work nights. Sacrificing sleep has never been a problem for me. I just know i can kick it creatively, interpersonally, provide as an editor, the only thing i need to up is my AE.

Any thoughts, advice, links, very much appreciated,
WM
Re: Adobe After Effects
April 11, 2013 07:20PM
with the sort of projects i work on, Narrative Drama, we are increasingly using VFX to help us with invisible editorial effects.

mostly these are simple split screens with some offset on one side.

for instance, person A is talking, person B does something unwanted, like move their head away, near the end of the shot.
simple: just run person B backwards from just before the head turn.

this is a very simple instance.
we also play with timing between person A and person B
more complex would be using person A from one take, and person B from another.

we remove unwanted elements from shots, and this can even include another character!

they are all fairly simple masking and tracking jobs.

nick
Re: Adobe After Effects
April 11, 2013 07:28PM
Adobe TV has a lot of free tutorials : [tv.adobe.com] You can search for AE stuff specifically if you like.

Also, Video Co-Pilot is excellent. I keep meaning to buy something from him to say thanks for all the great tutorials. [www.videocopilot.net]

Adobe After Effects
April 11, 2013 07:30PM
-- moved topic --
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics