Cloud Update Day

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Cloud Update Day
June 17, 2013 06:26PM
It's drop day for all the new Creative Cloud apps today. Which, yay! Shiny new versions of stuff coming to a download portal near you at 8pm PDT. [www.adobe.com]

Re: Cloud Update Day
June 18, 2013 09:56AM
I stayed up late last night downloading as much as I could. About an hour into it I think my internet provider crashed it's server. I was dead in the water. My cable TV box crashed along with it also. Had to finish up this morning downloading the rest of the apps. Everything looks good!
June 18, 2013 07:25PM
Yeah PP CC has a lot of improvements, especially for the FCP editor. I like it a lot.

June 20, 2013 08:26AM
I'm liking everything about it too. I saw the touring Adobde Creative Days show here in Munich today, which centered primarily on the CC but showed highlights from all the main apps as well. Verrrrrrrrry impressive, tuned-in and forward-looking. They are far and away the software leader now. Apple still excels with the best OS, but Adobe has both the apps and the apps platform, hands down.
July 10, 2013 04:29PM
Hi all,
We just dropped 25 new features and some important bug fixes. Please download and check 'em out!

[blogs.adobe.com]

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 10, 2013 07:04PM
I'm so looking forward to a lot of these new features. I've been trying to teach FCP switchers and so many of the things they immediately ask for are in this update.

Kevin - where do we find a definitive guide for Adobe Anywhere? I'd really like to use for some of my clients this but not sure how to set it up with other users.

July 10, 2013 07:10PM
It's an enterprise feature that requires hefty server hardware. It's not geared at mainstream users.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 11, 2013 01:23PM
How are you Kevin?! I have a question for you my brother (Devil's Advocate time)...

These rapid-fire updates that will now be immediately available as they are created by Adobe for CC...how do we know that updating will not break something else in our systems? Most of us through the years have had the experience that when you get your system running JUST RIGHT, you do a lot of research before doing any updates / upgrades so as not to upset the balance of our systems...OS version works with the Adobe versions...works with the plug-ins...works with the AJA / card driver software...etc. I personaly used to do full updates every other year - making sure all apps played well together and were tested first (anyone remember Barefeats??). I don't think I have never just did an "update when available" for any software. Too much is at stake if something else breaks.

FWIW, I would love to give CC a try...but I have too many projects going and to break one would be devastating. Is it a COMPLETELY separate install from CS6 (I have currently)?

Thanks man.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 11, 2013 01:44PM
Hi Joey, it is a separate install. And you can install both CS6 and CC concurrently. I had both CS6 and CC installed.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 11, 2013 05:39PM
So Adobe just updated Premiere CC to (7.0.1) while Matrox was just a few days or so from releasing their drivers. So I posted the question on the Matrox forum: "Surprise! Adobe just updated Premiere CC to 7.0.1. How is that going to workout with the new Matrox drivers that are due out soon?" Matrox Support posted back saying: "Our upcoming driver should be supporting Adobe CC (7.0.1) updates." I guess that means they are going to make sure (7.0.1) is supported. At least I hope!
July 11, 2013 09:23PM
Plus, you don't have to update if you don't want to. Every update is a deliberate action, so you can hold off and wait for the screaming to commence (or not) before you jump. I've got the full CS6 and CC 7.0.1 installed and running side by side.

One caveat - projects created in 7 have a LOT of new functions that are not present in 6, so they are not backwards compatible (ala FCP updates) But 7 is pretty awesome. I haven't done anything in 6 (except testing I could still run both if need be) since I first opened 7.

July 11, 2013 09:25PM
>>not geared at mainstream users<<

Bummer. Here's hoping as speeds and tech improve this will be available to smaller shops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics