Adobe updates all video apps - coming in October

Posted by Andy Field 
Adobe updates all video apps - coming in October
September 09, 2013 10:37AM
coolest upgrade - round-trip Premiere to Speedgrade with no transcode

[success.adobe.com]
Re: Adobe updates all video apps - coming in October
September 09, 2013 10:45AM
The other big ones for me are tracking masks in AE, new features for Prelude XMP, Premiere's hover scrubbing sequences and ripple-deletion (?rippling?) of markers and Monitor Overlays. It's been a long time coming!

www.strypesinpost.com
September 09, 2013 08:37PM
And the round trip includes layers and transitions and works with any format Premiere can work with. No more having to deconstruct your project to go to grading. Just send your timeline directly from inside PP, grade in SG, then save it back out to PP. It's quite a mind blowing addition.

I also like the addition of AE transitions in PP. Not sure if I got this info correctly, but it seems like you can now use transitions from After Effects right inside Premiere.

September 09, 2013 11:48PM
AE doesn't do transitions like in Premiere as it doesn't have a timeline, so I'm not entirely sure what that is, but I'm sure Adobe knows about the Motion/FCPX integration, so I guess we'll find out!

I am quite excited by Prelude and Live Logger. In the old days of tape, we used to have log sheets and we could batch capture from a batch list made from that log sheet. In the world of tapeless, it has become a bit of an obscure and clunky practice. And in our day of technology, I am sure we can do much better.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 16, 2013 12:42PM
If the Pr/SG/Pr roundtrip works as advertised, then there is a huge advantage vis a vis a Pr/Resolve workflow. Although, the new Resolve v10 is equally as awe-inspiring, and SG (imho = colorista pro, at the risk of taking a lot of flak) needs some help. It will be interesting to see what Adobe has done with it. The last time I looked at it about a year ago there was some key functionality sorely missing. Also, there are precious few trained SG colorists out there, so it is going to take some time to catch up, and Blackmagic is certainly very innovative. Bottom line, for the moment I need to be proficient at both Pr and Resolve for my clientele. The really impressive thing though is the way that both companies keep listening, making improvements, and pushing the envelope forward.

Did Avid come up with anything new at IBC, or was it all Adobe's and Blackmagic's show?
September 16, 2013 12:44PM
Nothing video related as far as I'm aware, but they recently released MC 7.0.2.

[www.avidblogs.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 16, 2013 10:23PM
I think SG has a way to go, because it's only really on it's first couple of revisions. But I am loving the path that they are taking. Like you say, a HUGE advantage has been setup in the workflow, and if there is something that Adobe does well, it's listen to the people at the coalface.

I'm not a dedicated coulourist by a long shot, but I'm looking forward to this, because I have to do a fair amount of 'make it pretty, fast' work and that often means staying inside PP so I don't have to collapse and rebuild everything.

September 19, 2013 07:57PM
I did manage to get a sneak peek at it, and this was what I wrote.

[revuptransmedia.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
September 19, 2013 08:48PM
Excellent. Will be sure to post this on our newsletter!

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 19, 2013 11:14PM
September 20, 2013 05:16AM
Nice one. Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated!
September 20, 2013 09:37PM
My pleasure. This was looking to be quite a major release. I am also seeing that the multicam function will change the way many of us work with dual system sound audio. Especially when syncing and working with interviews.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics