Pro Res in FCP7 vs Premiere export

Posted by Joe Riggs 
Pro Res in FCP7 vs Premiere export
June 09, 2014 12:24AM
One of the nice things about FCP7 is if your footage is Pro Res, it takes only a few minutes to export a a rather long sequence.

Does premiere have something like that? I know if you use Pro Res in premiere it won't export an hour long sequence in a couple minutes.

The match settings feature exports an mpeg file or something, which is just not useful.
Re: Pro Res in FCP7 vs Premiere export
June 09, 2014 12:42AM
Hi Joe,

Premiere CC supports smart rendering of Prores and you can check "use previews" if your preview files are set to Prores. This will basically do the same thing as FCP7 where the source frames are copied without further generation loss to the Prores output. The speed of this process is largely dependent on the speed of your hard drive.

Neither Premiere nor FCPX supports reference QT files. I am not sure how this bodes for the future of reference QT files if you are wondering about that.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 09, 2014 12:44AM
Reference files are not supported by AV Foundation and it seems like they'll die with QuickTime.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 10, 2014 08:50AM
I find that queuing the export and running it out through Media Encoder much quicker than exporting right out of Premiere. Also, you can stack your exports there and keep working in PP at the same time.

June 11, 2014 01:20AM
Should my preview files always be set to Pro Res or does that increase the load on the system as compared to I-frame?

CS6 does not support smart rendering of pro res?
June 11, 2014 03:37PM
The preview files can be set to anything, but prores provides pretty good quality compared to meg I frame but at a larger file size and probably load.

Smart rendering of Prores is a CC feature.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics