Premiere stock count

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Premiere stock count
August 13, 2014 11:21PM
I have to do a stock footage count on a large project we just finished in Premiere. We're not on the 2014 CC release, so I'm using the icon filmstip lookup mode to find all the clips as they appear in each sequnce, but the program used a LOT of ramping, which means that some sections that are, say, 2 seconds long, actually only appear for, say, 10 frames, and so I only really need to report the ten frames that appeared in the program. There is also a lot of re-use of clips.

Has anyone got any bright ideas on the most efficient manner for figuring out all the frames I used, without double reporting? Obviously there is the long slow frame by frame method - but it's spread over many hours of work and I just thought maybe someone might be able to come up with a better method.

Re: Premiere stock count
August 14, 2014 04:23AM
I don't know a way of doing this other than with scripting.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
August 14, 2014 04:38AM
Me neither. I suggest making a feature request describing your scenario.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 14, 2014 08:14AM
Ohhh that's a bummer. You two were my greatest hope lol

I will FR it. Not sure how much it would come up for the average user, but frenetic cutting is getting more and more common, I guess.

September 10, 2014 07:03AM
We ended up media managing each sequence, keeping only the used stock clips with no handles, then match framing each clip to find where it came from in the original stock, and laying it on the timeline over the originals, so we could easily find repeats.

Massively laborious but effective. Thanks to my wonderful colleague Dorian who gets to handle all the crap work at the end of the line. Sorry mate. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics