Premiere and Yosemite

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Premiere and Yosemite
October 30, 2014 12:04AM
I just updated to Yosemite and wanted to report that Premiere CC 2014 seems to be running fine.

I haven't had time to do any point upgrades in Premiere yet, but I thought maybe there would be other people out there on CC 2014 who wanted to know if it was OK to upgrade or if everything immediate turns to pumpkins.

So far no pumpkins here - don't want to jinx myself. I'll report back if anything looks wonky.

Re: Premiere and Yosemite
October 30, 2014 03:40PM
Thanks for the report, Jude. I'm just waiting for Matrox to upgrade their drivers. Then I'll move to Yosemite.
October 30, 2014 06:21PM
I quite like the new look and functionality, except for the loss of Labels. I was really really not into upgrading to Mavericks because so much of my stuff is sorted with labels and that small dot at the far right hardly tells me at a glance the status of files like a great big highlight bar does.

Anyway. Can't really do anything about it but adapt, I guess.

Some things that have happened are that Motion, iPhoto and QMaster will all become redundant. I don't use Motion so that's not a worry for me. iPhoto I upgraded - it's a 1.1GB compulsory download if you want to continue accessing your photos stored in iPhoto. I had heard of people losing all their photos (unconfirmed) so I backed up my entire library before upgrading it. The upgrade actually went flawlessly though.

QMaster workflows are apparently now off the cards.

November 07, 2014 01:04PM
If you are thinking of updating to Yosemite and are using a 3rd party SSD as your boot drive... Read this:

CAUTION! SSD Drives and Yosemite
November 07, 2014 01:07PM
I'd be interested to know the proportion of people with third-party SSDs who ran TRIM Enabler. I'm betting a lot of people didn't even know they should have been using it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
November 07, 2014 05:58PM
Nice pickup. One of those things that will solve someone's inexplicable crash problem soon, I'm sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics