Sapphires, Magic Bullet and the Premiere Pro Update

Posted by TroyChristian 
Sapphires, Magic Bullet and the Premiere Pro Update
November 04, 2014 06:10PM
Hey all! Long time no t .... ech issues!
I hope this issue finds you all well!

Just upgraded my Adobe CC Suite (haven't dared to try Yosemite yet)

Since the upgrade neither my Magic Bullet nor Sapphire filters work. In fact the Sapphire Glow transition that I had on a few transitions are really quite "special" at this point.

I have tried:
Rebooting
Reinstalling Sapphires
Disk Utility
Trashing prefs by holding down Option & Shift on launch of Premiere.

I emailed tech support at both Genarts and Red Giant and neither has responded as of yet. So I figured I'd pay y'all gurus an overdue visit!

Thanks for any suggestions whilst I await tech support to get back to me. And of course clients await!! oy

Troy

OS 10.9.5
2x2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon
20GB RAM

Sapphire 7.06
Re: Sapphires, Magic Bullet and the Premiere Pro Update
November 04, 2014 09:28PM
I think Red Giant is moving/has moved(?) to a whole new model. We have CC (not 2014) with Magic Bullet installs, but the downloader keeps trying to force us to upgrade to something else. Which of course we don't want to do until we have a clean slate. Not sure about Sapphire.

November 05, 2014 11:51AM
The solution? Contact Adobe and roll back to previous version of PrPro. Neither Red Giant nor Genarts have responded to date ...
November 05, 2014 07:11PM
Wow that's terrible. I contacted Red Giant a few months ago and they stayed with me until the problem was resolved. Maybe they are being inundated? Which version of CC are you on?

November 05, 2014 10:45PM
I was on 8.0.1
The new update is 8.1
Unfortunately they could only roll me back to 8.0 so several of the filters I use i.e. Low Shelf Filter and High Shelf Filter are unavail to me until Genarts and Red Giant get up to speed

Both Red Giant and Genarts got back to me. They had no solutions saying that there were bugs with the update and to hold off.
Premiere stepped up and spent time getting me up and running - even comping a months subscription.

I suggested - and this was TOTALLY my fault - but when you have a MAJOR update let us know somehow. Flag it. There have been so many little updates that didn't affect my whole system (8.0.1 e.g.) that my guard was down and I didn't read the fine print on the magnitude of this update. And so, here we have exactly what I feared with a subscription based program - the update gets ahead of your stable system. Again, my fault for not being thorough. But those here who know me a little through my posts - I am more director/creative/editor than technical guru. Next time I hit 'update' I will read the fine print ... FWIW
November 07, 2014 06:25AM
Yeah - I think it's also hard sometimes to find a clear space in your schedule were it's safe to upgrade and find all the possible conflicts. I know that Adobe do extensive testing with lots of people on lots of different systems, but invariably there's always some little thing that gets through the net.

Not that having lots of work is a bad thing smiling smiley

Anyway, glad you got sorted for now.

November 07, 2014 03:06PM
Thanks Jude. Very appreciated as always!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics