Audio not playing in timeline also another thing

Posted by Ethan 
Audio not playing in timeline also another thing
November 21, 2014 12:44PM
I'm having a problem with audio not playing in the timeline. I probably toggled something using an avid keystroke or I don't know what. Any suggestions? I can load the audio from the timeline into the source window and it plays out loud.

Also Premiere crashes and locks the drive, or just locks the drive. I try and save and it says " you do not have permission to access this drive." If I alt tab to finder and try and create a folder I get an -50 error. I have to re-boot. After the first time I altered the permissions to ignore ownership.

Premier is not being my friend.
Re: Audio not playing in timeline also another thing
November 21, 2014 02:06PM
Ok first part solved master volume got turned down to -98. Now what is crashing making the drive goof the permissions?
November 21, 2014 02:19PM
What version of Premiere, OS and model of computer? Do you have a Matrox driver installed?
November 21, 2014 03:57PM
Finder error -50 can occur when OS X thinks a disk or folder is in use. As it keeps occurring I'd recommend checking for apps running in the background like TechTool that may be locking up resources.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 22, 2014 02:32AM
I got rid of the USB drive, and that stopped the error -50 crashes. Still very unstable, I had updated another drive to Yosemite and I tried working with that, and it's stable. Although now I cant use my Matrox card because they havent created Yosemite drivers yet.

The Audio problem was some sort of pilot error, some muscle memory keystroke that turned the audio down to nothing on the master mix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics