New user "how do I quickly move between spots in my timeline?"

Posted by SoundDude 
New user "how do I quickly move between spots in my timeline?"
May 29, 2015 11:06AM
Hi folks; real newbie question here -- I'm editing a 6hr presentation down to selected clips and building at the end of the current timeline in the suggested in-house format (rather than just putting clips into another sequence) and I'm finding myself wasting---sorry, 'expending' time trying to find my way back to the sliver of an edit that I was at prior to taking the clip to the end of the timeline.

So what I'd like to do (from my Pro Tools editing background) is ask: is there a more efficient method for either--
-jumping back and forth between markers (I guess I can right click in the timeline and GoTo Next / GoTo Previous Marker and make sure my 'next marker' is at the end where I'm editing.

-'tab between edit regions' in that I could maybe have a title (cumbersome to do for every clip I want to take with me) on an upper video track and one at my selected clips section and tab/option tab etc to go back and forth (I understand it is up/down arrows on Premiere).

-simply mark 'in' and 'out' -- IN at where I'm currently watching the footage and OUT at where I'm dragging my clips to

-LOL just say it's more efficient to work in another sequence tab, then when I've compiled, grab all the clips and insert at the end of the work timeline in their preferred format hahahaha

I guess I could create hotkeys/shortcuts to do some of the above but maybe there is something built-in I simply don't know about.

Thanks very much! Premiere seems quite intuitive from my Photoshop background but I'm still doing a bunch of other edit software key commands hahahahah, can't teach an old dog....

Jfriah
Re: New user "how do I quickly move between spots in my timeline?"
May 29, 2015 01:32PM
I figured the easiest was to create custom quick-keys for moving to next/previous marker and just moved markers along where I needed to.

Thanks.
Re: New user "how do I quickly move between spots in my timeline?"
February 18, 2016 10:38PM
Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.
game sniper |geometry dash lite | agario skins happy wheels happy wheels game
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics