Avid Mojo still OK?

Posted by DM 
DM
Avid Mojo still OK?
August 07, 2011 12:10PM
I take it this box will work with MC 5.5? Since it's hard to find a picture of the I/O, I assume it's like my sony DSR 25 tape deck. firewire I/O with a variety of analog in's and outs. Maybe component analog for HD previewing?
My consumer HDTV only accepts HDMI not SDI, so the other version of mojo is a no-go.

[cgi.ebay.com]
Re: Avid Mojo still OK?
August 07, 2011 12:11PM
Mojo still works but there are some serious issues with 10.6.8 that Avid has not worked out yet. You need to use it on 10.6.7.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
DM
August 07, 2011 12:13PM
Thx for the reply.

What about HD I/O? Is this an outdated SD device only? Or maybe limited to HDV firewire format?
August 07, 2011 12:17PM
The listing is too vague to know how old it is and what features it has. He offers no description other than a marketing blurb and a stock picture instead of an image of the actual device. That makes me a little suspicious.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
DM
August 07, 2011 12:32PM
yep, well probably better direction in invest in the Matrox mini then....

thx
August 07, 2011 12:33PM
Yep, either that or wait until Media Composer 6 which should support additional vendors such as AJA and Blackmagic.

My software:
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics