MC project opens with split windows

Posted by DM 
DM
MC project opens with split windows
October 15, 2011 10:39AM
Using trial version of MC 5.5.3.
I have a Mac Pro system with dual cinema displays. I'm looking for the preferences or settings control so I can merge all windows on to one monitor (for now) so I can learn this app a little easier. Right now, upon booting the program, before I create a new project, the composer and the timeline window is split off into my second monitor. As soon as I confirm and create the new project, these windows disappear and only my timeline window remains in my main monitor. The bin window and some others are scattered around. Can't find info on how or where these things are set.

thx
dm
DM
Re: MC project opens with split windows
October 16, 2011 11:00AM
Welp, got a little direction from the Avid forum. Was a bit disappointed to see that, evidently, the interface does not come up and snap to when you first open it. As far as I can tell, the windows don't have a snap value at all, unlike FC windows. I had to find, grab, size, etc... my composer, timeline and project windows and "save current" under the tools drop down window. I can still see my desktop behind certain areas. Not the end of the world but a little under-whelming for such a prestigious program I'd say...
October 16, 2011 03:05PM
Avid does seem to have its own way of doing things. And the UI design is, well, not their strong suit. smiling smiley

From the preview screenshot, the MC 6 interface seems like it will be a lot more modern.

- Justin Barham -
October 16, 2011 03:10PM
I just noticed something - it's running on a Mac but the "close" buttons on all of the windows are on the right-hand side. I was hoping MC6 would be more Mac-like but this makes me less optimistic now.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 16, 2011 03:29PM
I noticed that too. Hopefully that won't be the case with the release version.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics