FCP to AVID Via Autoduck or Boris Transfer

Posted by Andy Field 
FCP to AVID Via Autoduck or Boris Transfer
November 11, 2011 02:07PM
Although I'd rather keep editing in FCP 7 - client insists on delivering finished work in AVID MC 5.5 - Have tried everything Autoduck - Boris Transfer - nothing works cleanly - has anyone had any experience and can offer tips . Have watched all the online tutorials and THEY all work perfectly. Doesn't seem to work at all with XDCAM -- and it's hit or miss with DVCPRO HD -- would gladly pay for someone's consulting time to find a fool proof way to accomplish this!

Can export fine with AutoDuck - sequence opens fine in by importing AAF file in AVID -- AMA relink works fine -- clips open in the AMA bin - but can't get them to relink in the timeline.

Thanks for your advice or help! Andy Field - Fieldvision Productions
Re: FCP to AVID Via Autoduck or Boris Transfer
November 11, 2011 03:10PM
What happens when you hit reveal bin on one of those offline clips?

You can try transcoding to ProRes. I heard it AMAs better.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: FCP to AVID Via Autoduck or Boris Transfer
November 13, 2011 07:05PM
Well after many tests i've discovered

1 - if you edit in FCP - then transcode the finished timeline to DNxHD - it works
2 - DVCPRO HD is hit or miss - sometimes yes - sometimes not - all in the same timeline

This is all with AMA Relinking in Avid 5.5.3

-------

I've yet to get Boris Transfer to work

Forget motion effects or titles - they don't carry over
Color correction filters -- not happening

I'm told if you use Boris BCC - those effects DO carry over.

Overall it's a bit of a time consuming pain (especially if you don't know AVID very well)

I plan on spending my time learning it as FCP no longer offers a solution for what we need -- although I'll ride FCP 7 as long as the system software doesn't blow it up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics