Avid on iPad? Yep.

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Avid on iPad? Yep.
February 02, 2012 04:48AM
RT from a bunch of people on Twitter : Avid on the iPad. No joke.

[itunes.apple.com]

I'll be giving it a shot, just for the freaky factor. Nice move, Avid.

Re: Avid on iPad? Yep.
February 02, 2012 04:21PM
I wish you could consolidate/transcode media onto it and export an AAF/XML via email. Then I can do offline edits in Bali!

www.strypesinpost.com
February 02, 2012 06:05PM
I've heard you can use a 500GB bluetooth drive with the iPad. Never bothered, but possibly it could facilitate a proxy cut system (on the beach in Bali) in the future?

February 02, 2012 06:23PM
The media on an iPad would be h.264 and that's small. Why not consolidate/ transcode that and copy it into the avid app via iTunes along with an ale/AAF. Then export an AAF at the end and relink it to avid on a desktop for finishing/conforming? That would make it more useful to pros. That or an avid desktop controller.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 02, 2012 07:46PM
Nice! It even has trim mode! And audio tracks! Beats iMovie! Now, I hope it comes with an export omf function for v2.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 02, 2012 07:55PM
Wow! Trim mode rocks! You can ripple and roll and preview the edit too! No on-the-fly trimming, though...

www.strypesinpost.com
February 10, 2012 10:44PM
Amen!
May 28, 2012 12:54AM
Avid can trim on the fly. Are you saying it just can't do it in the iPad version?
May 28, 2012 12:51PM
Yea. The iPad version is pretty cool. It's no FCP killer, though. tongue sticking out smiley

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics