Avid MXF Player

Posted by strypes 
Avid MXF Player
April 29, 2012 03:41PM
Just wondering. Has anyone tried this out? Needs a PC. I'm wondering if it is possible for it to work on the Mac.

[michaelkammes.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Avid MXF Player
April 29, 2012 04:18PM
It seems like it would be possible to adapt for the Mac. ffmpeg is very powerful.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 30, 2012 08:30PM
Okay, so far I tried playing it in FFMPEG X and all I got was garbled pixels.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 04, 2012 09:01AM
I'm somewhat amazed that Avid wouldn't want to make their own free DNxHD player. Or better yet, some kind of simple Finder integration.

- Justin Barham -
May 04, 2012 09:35AM
Talk about FFMPEG being powerful... Apparently it now supports Prores encoding. Which means you can encode Prores on PCs. Not sure if it can embed QT timecode or multitrack audio, but that's a start.

Avid... IMO, one of my wish list is that Avid allows 3rd party developers to create transcoders to encode to mxf and create an ALE to import footage into Avid. RC-X does it, and now Sorenson Squeeze Pro (although without timecode), but there doesn't seem to be anything else. Fast import from QT is cool, but being able to encode straight to Avid's version of op-atom is even better.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 04, 2012 01:36PM
Resolve goes right to OP-Atom DNxHD too.

- Justin Barham -
May 05, 2012 04:55AM
True that. A pity that camera manufacturers prefer shooting to op-1A mxf, but apparently, the reason is because op-atom will result in corrupted files if recording was to suddenly truncate.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics