OT: Avid sells consumer line up

Posted by strypes 
OT: Avid sells consumer line up
July 03, 2012 04:48PM
[www.reuters.com]

Take what you will from that. Personally, I was hoping we'd someday see offline editing on the iPad.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: OT: Avid sells consumer line up
July 03, 2012 05:02PM
Of course you will see offline editing on an iPad. Its inevitable from someone, most likely Apple and Adobe and Autodesk and Edius, Vegas and everyone else.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 03, 2012 05:30PM
I still think we'll see offline, cloud based editing from Avid supported on a variety of devices (including the iPad). The iPad app they sold off only communicated w/their PC consumer products so it makes since that they didn't keep it around.

What Avid showed at NAB a few years ago during their Edit Anywhere, on Anything demo is starting to materialize in Interplay Sphere and I hope they keep going down this path and make everything they showed in that demo a reality.
July 03, 2012 06:03PM
Avid sold off those assets to increase their liquidity. Thing is I do hope they start innovating more than just offering discounts. I mean, they need to keep their price competitive, but at the same time, I'm really wishing for more whiz bang features. Look at what Adobe did with hover scrubbing and Icon mode. That was something that Avid has been demo-ing for years, in what they call "storyboard mode", but Adobe made it their own this time.

>What Avid showed at NAB a few years ago during their Edit Anywhere, on Anything demo

Funny thing is Adobe has something similar which they demoed at NAB this year. It's anyone's guess what will happen in future.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics