AMA (Avid MC) re-link protocol / problems re: Canon-sourced footage

Posted by Jewel 
AMA (Avid MC) re-link protocol / problems re: Canon-sourced footage
August 14, 2012 01:20AM
HI,

First, thanks for helpin gme out re; my attempts to register at Avid. I was still missing key numbers, which I couldn't access, but I eventually was helped the following week. smiling smiley

Now I'm dealing with:

AMA relink to native Canon-sourced vid vs. import MXF files from orig = dropped frames?

I'm trying to understand if I'm missing something here…

I'm cutting some footage shot on a Canon camera, cutting in MC6. I want to use a previous rough cut left by another editor, but it won't AMA relink to the original / raw footage.

I have both the relevant Avid AMA plug-in and the Canon AMA plug-in downloaded & installed.

Still, the (pre)existing timeline/cut refuses to relink to the raw Canon footage (.MXF). I tried various levels of folders in the project - nada. The producer prefers me to relink instead of importing since he thinks importing will result in lost/dropped frames. (He has dupes of the media & works in PC, I work remotely, on a Mac. When I'm done I just send him a zip of the whole project and he views & makes notes from his place.)

Is there some relinking protocol I missed? it seems like it should be pretty straightforward if relinking is going to work, but the raw footage is grayed out when I'm supposed to select. The producer wants me to re-install al the plug-ins, but I already just re-installed the canon AMA - no change.

Will re-starting the Avid make a diff?

Thanks!
Re: AMA (Avid MC) re-link protocol / problems re: Canon-sourced footage
August 14, 2012 01:27AM
Does he have the same version of the Canon AMA plugin as you? I seem to remember there was once a problem relinking between different versions of the Canon AMA plugin.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: AMA (Avid MC) re-link protocol / problems re: Canon-sourced footage
August 14, 2012 06:06PM
Oh good question - I'll ask him which version he has - he may have an older version.

Thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics