Avid Symphony/MC 6.5 Released

Posted by strypes 
Avid Symphony/MC 6.5 Released
September 07, 2012 10:30AM
Couple of new features, such as Advanced Relinking Support, Advanced Audio Keyframing, 64 Audio Voices, AMA Export and support for Jpeg2000.

[www.studiodaily.com]

Upgrade price is $499 for MC6 users and $599 for earlier versions. Symphony upgrades are also at the same price.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Avid Symphony/MC 6.5 Released
September 08, 2012 01:09AM
Some positive early feedback here. Hope he's right about IO devices working better. With AJA being the exception, they were a mess in version 6.

- Justin Barham -
Re: Avid Symphony/MC 6.5 Released
September 08, 2012 03:35AM
The audio tools seem good, as well as the re-linking. I read that MC6.5 has better multiprocessor performance on transcoding. I'm curious about j2k performance and whether you can use that media in AE, Smoke and the Resolve. It should be a better intermediate codec than ProRes.

Also, you can now toggle off automatic AMA volume mounting (although this should have been the original behavior).

That said, the upgrade pricing is steep for MC6 users. 2-300 dollars would have been what I would pay for a .5 upgrade. At this pricing system, there is little incentive for me to upgrade. I'll probably sit this one out.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics