Canon camera +Avid MC6 on PC => Avid MC6 on iMac => not relinking media
September 19, 2012 03:59AM
Hi,

Thanks for running this forum - man am I stuck!

So, I'm working with a small company, editing weddings for them. Nice people.

The problem(s) are: shows are shot on a Canon / cards (I believe); some footage arrives to me as MXF, other ftg in raw (I downloaded Canon AMA softwares); originally cut on a PC w/ Avid MC6... then given to me on drives - I work on MC6/ on an iMac. OSX but not Lion.

and ref videos provided by producers included VMF's (?) - Adobe native.

Just all over the place. The 1st 3 projects were already through a first cut, so I wanted to preserve what was already done. However, much of it wouldn't re-link to MXF's, so I had to import clips.

Those that did link - via AMA - would then refuse to output, giving me a fatal error.

I also had no luck trying to convert or import that FLV vid ref file, to try a match cut if I had to re-cut one of the projects. I tried QT Pro, got as far as a .mov, but of course Avid won't import that. Tried Compressor 4, but that has no relevant presets for Avid (admittedly, I haven't used Compressor in awhile.)

So at least for the ref .mov, I'm currently trying to importing into FCP7, and then after running it thru the timeline, outputting it as an Avid codec.

Argh!

I ried to follow another CCow post here, about using Compressor to morph the .mov into an DNxHD, but I never found the relevant option in the inspector window they mentioned...

And what's up with not relinking, and not outputting if linked via AMA?

Ideas?

Thanks!
Re: Canon camera +Avid MC6 on PC => Avid MC6 on iMac => not relinking media
September 25, 2012 06:42PM
Jewel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I tried QT Pro,
> got as far as a .mov, but of course Avid won't
> import that.

Avid can import QuickTime movies. What codec were you using?

How are the drives you are receiving structured? If they have an Avid MediaFiles folder containing the MXF files they should relink just fine. Is the drive formatted as NTFS?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics