Simple Marque Question

Posted by Ethan 
Simple Marque Question
December 25, 2012 11:38PM
Ok I found the button to see graphics. I'm making titles, but if your making title cards you are also changing title cards.

It seems to change a graphic I need to create a whole new graphic and replace edit it in. Is there a methodology to change a credit, and have it update what was already cut in?
Re: Simple Marque Question
December 26, 2012 12:30AM
Are you talking about the new title objects that Avid creates in the bin every time you create or change a title? That's irritating. You can just delete or ignore those clips in the bin.

Crazy as that sounds, the titles in the bin isn't a master clip, nor is it linked. It's merely a copy of the title in your sequence. You can't match frame to it, you can't find bin, it's usually useless. If the renders for the titles go offline, all you need to do is to select the offline titles and hit "re-create title media". So you can safely discard the ones in the bin.

So if you want to create a title based on an existing title, just duplicate it in the timeline and make your modifications to the title. When you save, it will create a new title in the bin, but as I mentioned, you can delete that.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 30, 2012 01:46AM
Thanks I kind of worked it out through trial and error. Thanks for explaining that relationship to the icon in the Bin. Its a freeing explanation.

Now that I've "mastered" the dozen ways to trim and learned two of the 3 title tools, and become comfortable with the 5 modes, I can start addressing the seemingly myriad filter interfaces.
December 30, 2012 07:30AM
2 of 3 title tools? Isn't it the default title tool and marquee?

www.strypesinpost.com
December 30, 2012 10:12PM
Yep, and then there is the. After Effects ish, Avid Fx. According to Gajineyes.
December 31, 2012 01:43AM
Ah. I've fired that up once in my life. And decided from that point onwards to stick to After Effects.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 13, 2013 10:17AM
Ditto.

- Loren
Photo scan rates demystified!
ScanGuide™ Pro compact reference now at
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics