migration from FCP7 to AVID Media Composer

Posted by rolo enry 
migration from FCP7 to AVID Media Composer
May 02, 2013 09:20AM
Dear Friend, I am frustrating with FCP7 with AVCHD clips, with FCP X, so I am going to Avid Media Composer. How to prepare a FCP Project in order to open in AVID MC? (I m not sure if this question is better in an Avid forum, but maybe there are people migrating as us) thk so much for answer. Exactly questions is: How do you set your FCP project to open from AMC?

MacPro -8 núcleos - 2.6 GHz - OSX Lion - FCP7 -buenos aires -
Re: migration from FCP7 to AVID Media Composer
May 03, 2013 05:28PM
Hi Rolo,

With your situation, I would suggest that you try out Adobe Premiere Pro. IMO, Premiere has probably the best playback engine for editing in native formats. Also, it supports importing and exporting of of FCP 7 XMLs, so you can start editing in FCP7 and bring it over to Premiere easily.

Avid is a little sticker. Trying to move tapeless media from FCP to Avid and wanting to re-connect back to the source camera files is tricky. You can move an edit over from FCP to Avid with Automatic Duck (which is now free), and it works with ProRes and allows you to import via AMA and link up to the aaf files. But your media will lose links to the source AvcHD files, so try to avoid moving mid project.

Automatic Duck Pro Export FCP:

[www.automaticduck.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
May 14, 2013 08:41PM
I second that...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 19, 2013 03:47PM
thk for answer, Ill try it.
r

MacPro -8 núcleos - 2.6 GHz - OSX Lion - FCP7 -buenos aires -
May 20, 2013 09:28AM
The next version of Premiere is just round the corner, and that's going to be even better with some formats. So can use the trial now, or alternatively, get a Creative Cloud subscription and you automatically get the next version of Premiere when it's released.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 20, 2013 04:00PM
Agree that Premiere will make many of your headaches vanish -

but if you must migrate a project to avid - here's the pain free way to do it (and it means transcoding all your media to Avid friendly MFX format)

We have NEVER been able to get Avid's AMA relinking to work constantly or at all with the transfer - and even the regular AVID AMA is of little value as you must transcode it all eventually to MFX to export a quicklime out of your avid timeline

-- OK -- here's the pain free formula I posted many moons ago at this link (scroll down and you'll see the correct Autoduck settings) We used this successfully on dozens of projects..Enjoy

FCP to AVID with autoduck that works
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics