FCP5 send Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project Errors

Posted by keith_dallas 
FCP5 send Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project Errors
June 01, 2005 07:53PM
Just a heads up to a major flaw in the round-tripping between FCP5 and STPro. I have a 90 minute concert I'm editing and wanted to send 4 audio tracks from FCP5 to STpro as a Multitrack Project, but it continually processes the file as though everything is going well, but when processing is complete and the transition to open STpro with the Multitrack Project begins - IT FAILS. EVERYTIME!.

When I select a audio clip in the Timeline (per directions from Final Cut Studio Workflows booklet) and export that to STpro it opens in the waveform editor with entire concert in stpro. Markers are gone. In/Out points gone. And, video plays out of sync. Flickering everywhere. Stupid dope crazy - this is!

Roundtripping in FCP 4.5 with LiveType was problem free and I still use it with FCP5, but the Final Cut Studio Applications are in need of major surgery. PLEASE Apple! The only reason I jumped in this early was because I needed Multicam editing for shows I edit.

Keith Hill
Lighted Path Films
MAC G5 2Ghz, 1.5 RAM, OS X Tiger (10.4.1), FCP 5, Motion 2. DVD Studio Pro 4, Autodesk Combustion (v.3.0.4; MAC)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics