Reconnect in FCP 6... one at a time

Posted by mark raudonis 
Reconnect in FCP 6... one at a time
June 13, 2007 10:23PM
We've discovered that the "reconnect" feature in FCP 6 will in some circumstance ONLY connect to one clip at a time, even if the check box for "connect all in same path" is active. I've seen word of this on other posts around the web, so I know it's not just me.
Re: Reconnect in FCP 6... one at a time
June 19, 2007 01:59PM
Two things:
1. Rename clip files to remove the .mov extension and Reconnect works. Time-consuming.
2. Uncheck "relative path" option, then you can reconnect one-by-one, albeit without having to relaunch the window each time. That is, the clip you were searching for will drop to the "found" window, and the next clip in line to be searched will be highlighted (underlined).
June 19, 2007 09:15PM
Do you know any more about what the circumstances are that cause this? I've done a few tests here - very simple ones - like making five clips offline and then using 'reconnect media' to reconnect the first one, which has made all the others reconnect too.

Is it a random event, or is there something that triggers it?

July 09, 2007 06:34PM
Yep, ran into the same bug today myself.
It was an older project that had been media managed to lo-res and then the media folder was moved.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I don't really feel like renaming clips or jumping through hoops to make what should work, work.
July 09, 2007 10:46PM
No probems reconnecting a large project MM'd offline to embed uncompressed 8-bit format for high rez capture, whcih went very smoothly-- via SDI.

- Loren
Today's FCP 6 keytip:
Set Video Only In and Out with Control I or O !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 10, 2007 12:20AM
I read somewhere recently that this seems to be only happening in projects from earlier versions of FCP being upgraded to 6. Still not great but not quite so scary.

February 07, 2009 01:29AM
At this late date - thank you for the solution. It seems my media files have a mismatch error so turning off relative path really speeds up the relink process.

Mitch
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics