FCP logs wrong TC, when logging offline

Posted by Ralph Fairweather 
Does this happen to anybody else? When I'm logging offline, and just manually entering TC, once i log the clip into my browser the Ins and outs are wrong.

1) Open log/capture with NO device connected

2) Enter 02:02:02;15 for IN, and 02:03:02;15 for OUT

3) Log the clip

4) Check out the In-Out that FCP gave it

RESULT: The TC is off by approx 5 secs. The IN = 02:01:55:05, the OUT = 02:01:56:05.

This doesn't look like your typical DF > NDF bug, to me.

got the same numbers you did, is this the first time or repeatedly? I'll snooker with it tomorrow. Is it only offline logging? I'm on the PB right now...
Has happened to me twice - once in actual battle, and once just trying to replicate it, from a post on the Cutter's list.

It's only on offline logging, when you have no device hooked up.

Another way to test it: Take an online clip and drag it from the browser into the L/C window. That makes the clip's Media Start/End numbers show up as new In/out points, in L/C. Hit the log button, and compare the In/Out of the newly logged clip with the original. They be bogus.

--Ralph, who likes his In/outs to be sane, even though he's rather nuts himself.

Re: Just because I can replicate doesn't mean YOU'RE NOT CRAZY!
August 22, 2003 03:15AM
is email not working? i thought messages were being forwarded but i'd didn't get these.

All the best,

Tom
Ralph.

I've had this repeatedly in FCPs 1 thru 3.
Logging offline didn't work.
Last night I tried loggin offline in FCP4, and lo and behold the numbers CAME OUT RIGHT!

I'm prettty sure I'd even draged a clip to the L&C window and re-logged it, (to reduce the out point by 1 frame, another story)

I was excited that it finaly worked, but now I hear this from you, I'm not so excited.
The workaround I found in FCP3 was that the numbers came out right if I had a tape (any tape) in my deck.
It's not exactly "logging offline", though, is it?

--------------------

PS
appopolgies, to all, I am not really in a position to check issues quickly, as I am e-mailing from various internet caffes in deliciously seedy areas, and you will apreciate I'm NOT taking my laptop out in the streets with me!

Cheers,
Nick
Howdy nick,

In FCP 1-3, in my memory, offline logging always worked, except if you were logging NDF stuff, it wrongly assumed you were logging DF, and that got to be a problem. But in general, it worked OK, as i recall. But then, I'm getting old, ya know, so....

Anyway, this problem seems to be a new one, and have something to do with 5 secs off, pretty consistently, as far as i can see.

And ya, putting any ole tape in the deck makes it go away. Just means you can't log from your iPod in an Internet cafe in Amsterdam, is all, with out an iSight attached :=).

Hmmm..., what do they do in those unternet cafes in Amsterdam, anyway?

--Ralph
"Hmmm..., what do they do in those unternet cafes in Amsterdam, anyway?"

Well right now I'm sucking on some little green lollies...
and it' all a lot more inocent than it sounds!
Apple Sherbert balls, yum. Cant' wait to try the "Herring Drop" lollies!

I always got really weird numbers when I tried to log offline.
At first I thaoguyt it miught be a PAL/NTSC thing, but the numbers were just randomly askew.

NOw I've tried offline logging with capture stettings at APL and NTSC, and the TC feilds set to Drop Frame, and it's very solid.
Did round numbers at first, then non-round.
The non-round numbers were a coiule of frames out, but guessed that was just a drop / non-drop issue.
Changing the TC field back to non drop supported this guess.

I'm not getting a 5 second offset.

Nick
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics