Audio sync issues on capture

Posted by Ralph Fairweather 
It's all here. I recommend we we just post this link about the AutoSync Compensator (ASC), and be done with it:

[www.2-pop.com]

Just kidding.....

--Ralph
We SHOULD be able to see the process it uses to deal with this transparently. The fact that nobody knows what FCP4 is doing about it is a case in point, now the SAM has left the building.

You know, Media 100 used to have the most valuable tool. It gobbled up the first couple of seconds during the digitize and examined them for audio sample rates. If it found one that didn't match the current settings, it aborted and changed them for you. Given this was with a hardware board, but this was also 1996 or 97! If the capture process could run an optional test on batch capture, and report on the sample rate. either to you or itself, it might solve a HUGE amount of trouble in this process. Instead of waiting till AFTER the capture to deal with screwy sample rates
new TIL
August 23, 2003 04:22PM
nothing really new in there, though its an acknowledgement. Haven't had time to test FCP 4.0.1 on 32K XL1 tapes...

[docs.info.apple.com]
Re: new TIL
August 24, 2003 12:00PM

Note: This rate adjustment will not have any effect on loss of A/V sync caused by capturing over a segment of blank or bad tape.

I really doubt this one. This has not been my experience, but then again, it's really long and tedious to test.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics