Media Manager - another one, difficult to replicate

Posted by chawla 
perform a Media Manager Copy and duplicate sequence and place in a new project. All media is trimmed and placed on the new volume, but the new project is not created, nor the obviously the new linked sequence. Can't make it happen on command. Happened to me a couple of times, on three tries couldn't get it to take so did a dupe and relink workaround. Has happened to some good friends who I trust and walked through the process to confirm.

Have seen it on the boards at least twice this month, so thought I'd mention it. Haven't seen it in FCP4 yet, but I can't make it happen in FCP3 either, gotta be in a crunch or something. Anybody else can confirm that?
Just a guess - might it have something to do with the location you a telling FCP to put the file? Can't imagine how or why, but that's where i would start snooping.

Tried a search on the project file name, as a hidden file?

--Ralph
wish I could get it to do it again
August 22, 2003 06:33PM
I know that the times it happened to me I back pedalled through the process like three times till I gave up and did the reconnect thing. and when it happened to my buddies, I walked them through it as well. And it comes up on 2 Pop every so often. Next time I'm going to stinking document it correctly.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics