DV Start/Stop batch subclipping mangles names

Posted by Ralph Fairweather 
In certain situations, turning DV Start/Stop Segments into subclips in a batch - by dragging to a bin in the browser - give really weird names to the new subclips. So far, it only seems to happen when you are dragging the segment markers from the master clip out of the master clip and into the same bin as the master clip.

1) capture a DV clip with starts and stops in it.

2) Put it INSIDE a bin. This doesn't happen at root level.

3) Open in Viewer and Mark > DV S/S detection.

4) Twiddle open the master clip in Browser, select all the marked Segments, and drag them out of the master clip, but INTO the SAME BIN as the master clip. NOTE: Browser needs to be in List View, and the Bin needs to be actually in the Browser. Problem doesn't happen if you open the Bin out of the browser.

RESULT: Names like <Segment 26 from 'Segment 27 from 'Segment 28 from 'Segment 29 from 'Segment 30 from 'Segment 31 from 'Segment 32 from 'Segment 33 from 'Segment 34 from 'Segment 35 from 'Segment 36 from 'Segment 37 from 'Segment 38 from 'SFR2 Mstr 1'''''''''''''> This is just the first clip!!

Workaround: Drag the master clip out of the Bin to the root level of the browser first, then drag the clip segment markers to the bin. Or, open the bin out of the browser first.

I don't get that. I just get Segment 1 from 'Backstage' followed by Segment 11 from 'Backstage' and so on.

All the best,

Tom
RU sure you are dragging the segment markers from a master clip inside a bin, and dropping them inside the same bin?

--ralph
I put a clip called Backstage in a bin in a Browser that was in List view.

I twirled open the bin.

I opened the clip into the Viewer by double clicking on it.

I ran DV S/S.

The segment markers appeared.

I twirled open the disclosuer triangle for the clip in the twirled open bin.

I marquee selected the segment markers.

I dragged the selections onto the bin name so it highlighted.

The subclips appeared in the bin with the clip, correctly named.

All the best,

Tom
Interesting. I've checked other clips, and it happens only to about half of them. Wonder if has anything to do with the number of segments, and number padding.

With this clip, there are 101 segments, and I get this:

Segment 1 from 'Segment 10 from 'Segment 100 from 'Segment 101 from 'TombMiscMaster''''

Segment 2 from 'Segment 10 from 'Segment 100 from 'Segment 101 from 'TombMiscMaster''''

Segment 10 from 'Segment 100 from 'Segment 101 from 'TombMiscMaster'''

etc...

But then I've got other clips where it behaves as expected, like you are seeing.

The clips where i see it, so far, are shot on an XL-1 at 32k, ST 1,2, but I doubt that has any bearing at all.

Stumped,

--Ralph
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics