Is this a bug?

Posted by Mark Burton 
Is this a bug?
August 26, 2003 04:36AM
Although I don't think this would cause anyone any problems, it had me wondering if it was not right.

In the 'Quicktime' effects folder in FCP 4.0.1, there are 5 effects which I think might have problems:

NOTE: THESE ARE ALL QUICKTIME EFFECTS, I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ISSUE WITH ANY OF THE SIMILAR FCP FILTERS

1. Blur - Settings are from 2-7 and 7 is repeated twice. There are no keyframe controls.

2. ColourSync - There are no keyframe controls.

3. Edge Detection - Settings are from 2-7 and 7 is repeated twice. There are no keyframe controls.

4. Emboss - Settings are from 2-7 and 7 is repeated twice. There are no keyframe controls.

5. Sharpen - Settings are from 2-7 and 7 is repeated twice. There are no keyframe controls.

I thought that every effect or generator could have keyframes if you could alter its value!?
I know that most of these are available in the FCP filters, which also probably work in 16-bit (not sure if these do), but it does seem like they are not being read correctly in FCP.
Oh well, just thought it might be worth posting... Of course there might be some plausable reason for them being this way, but I can't think what it could be!
Mark
Re: Is this a bug?
August 26, 2003 06:51AM
These are not bugs. This is the way the QuickTime filters are written. They use popup settings for values and are not keyframable. The QT filters predate FCP by a considerable time, before there was any architecture for keyframing. I don't know why there are duplicate 7s, but they've always been like that.

All the best,

Tom
Re: Is this a bug?
August 26, 2003 07:08AM
Thanks Tom
The part where the values go from 2-7, and the 7 is repeated, looks like a bug to me. The values should go from 1-7. There's currently no way to apply a blur with a value of 1, for instance.

Tom's right about them not being keyframable. That's just how it is. Design-wise, the UI could give you a little better indication, however, as i see it.

--Ralph
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics