Project toasted when media is lost

Posted by Jake McCurdy 
I have a wedding I've been working on for a week or so. I lost my RAID Array with all the media/render files. All versions of the project have now become totally unusable. When I try to open any any version of the file, FCP4 unexpectidly quits while preparing video for display. I have gone through all the proper steps with my system including re-installing OS 10.2.6 on a different drive. I have had the same result with my autosave versions of the file as well as my dailly back-up. I have also sent the file to another user who has had the same results when trying to open it. It seems there must be some filter applied in one of my open sequences that causes FCP4 to crash when the expected media is not found. This is verry upsetting as i will have to start from scratch now even though I religiously take the proper precautions to aviod situations like this. I would be happy to e-mail a copy of the project, it's back-up, or any of my autosaves to anyone who could take a minute to see for them selves.
This is pretty scary. I tried to open the project file that Jake sent to me on my system (4.0.2, OS 10.2.6) and it bombs out while preparing video for display.

There is no further remedy that i know of, to salvage his entire project. Any ideas? Possibly going back to 4.0 would be worth a try, using the uninstaller.

--Ralph
Of all systems, Media 100 had a nice feature to get past this.

If you pressed a modifier key at startup and on the loading of projects, the media 100 software would open with all windows except the browser closed.
This prevented a lockup if something in the sequences was causing it to crash.
And it prevented you to wait for .... when opening a project with many bins open on your old 9600.

Of cause this shouldnt happen in the first place so....
Happened to me too
October 07, 2003 11:40AM
FWIW, I just got this same general error upon launch of project, when opening a project where some of the media had been taken offline by taking away the FW drive.

I traced it to a single movie file, which was a self-contained QT movie of a sequence in the project. I had re-imported it and put it into a sequence, to try to get smooth playback.

--Ralph
add me on msn if you wanna try to get back your data, i've discovered a way
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics