Paste Attributes: No Mo' Keyframes

Posted by bogiesan 
I can repeat his on two separate systems and have heard from two other users but no one else seems to be impressed enough to confirm or call us idiots for not being able to find a new key combo to support a crucial feature.

In 4.5, Paste Attributes no longer carries a filter's or an effect's keyframes from one clip to another. The filters and effects will be applied to the pasted clip but keyframes do not come over.

bogiesan
Well, I'm impressed, bogie.
That's a serious problem.
But I can't confirm it as I havent upgraded due to being in the middle of a project.

Anyone else?

Nick
I see it for sure...

Tried it with Gaussian Blur, one keyframe at start of clip, second on end of clip. Copy and Paste Atributes (check filters) on another clip in the timeline - only the last keyframe's values makes it to the new clip.

Not good...

Peter
We seem to all try it with Gaussian because it's at the top.
Can I get anyone to try this with other effects?

Over on the Apple forum, Bobvest has said that he can "double-click the filter and drag it to the timeline and all keyframes come across." I have not quite figured out what he means.

bogiesan
He's duplicating the filter from one clip to another. Same as making favorites. That works. The only difference is paste attributes allows scaling to time, which favorites and duplicating the filter onto another clip don't.

I tried it on a non-realtime filter Basic 3D, and paste attributes still doesn't work.

All the best,

Tom
Tried it with about 10 different filters - including QuickTime filters and Joe's filters (fxscript based). All of them behaved in the same way - only the settings of the last keyframe, along with the filter itself, was copied to a new clip in the timeline.

Peter
its definitely in FCP. A further, purhaps unrelated note is that Scale on or off makkes no difference. Apparently the filter keyframes don't make it through the Paste Attributes filtration at all, only values. Everything else I try to paste attributes with delivers normal results, including variable speed.
Thanks, folks.
Editorially speaking, this, umm, totally sucks.

bogiesan
bogiesan wrote (in a subsequent post):
"How did this absurdly obvious code vacuum get past beta testing?"

and as a latecomer to FCP HD, i'd like to know how come there hasnt been an update adressing this after MORE THAN EIGHT MONTHS ???!!

so the only workaround is to drag the keyframed filter from one clip to another?

thanks,
nick
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics