Disappearing Media Files?

Posted by bogiesan 
Disappearing Media Files?
May 27, 2004 07:36AM
Over on creativecow.net, we've recently seen corroborative posts about FCPHD suddenly causing online media files to vanish; gone without a trace. Sometimes it happens when the application is actually running or, on a relaunch, the operator gets the reconnect media box asking for stuff that should be online.

Impossible to tell yet if this is FCP or the MacOS at fault.

I cannot overstate the most disturbing aspect: The files are gone without a trace; they never existed. Directory and file recovery attempts have been negative.

I have no personal experience with this phenomenon, I hope we never do.

bogiesan
I read your post today and I thought "it is impossible!". Well, this happened with me just 10 minutes ago...

Very supernatural... What could cause this THING?

See you.
Yup this happened to me almost immediately after upgrading to HD when it was first released. I lost 2 gig of captured media - and I also though 'that's impossible' - but clearly it's not. There is a thread about this on apple discussions too.

I reformatted my drives and went back to 4.1.1. within hours. No way I can afford a bug like that.
Sorry, here's the link to the Apple discussions thread.

[discussions.info.apple.com]

I and a few others reported this problem to Apple when it originally happened, but so far no official response.
Re: Disappearing Media Files?
July 31, 2004 01:54PM
I had this happen to me as well. I thought it was error on my part because I might have shifted a folder to another place. After reading this posting I now know it wasn't my fault.
This bug is still happening in 4.5 HD. It happened last week.

Jeff
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics