Error out of memory

Posted by Hoss 
Error out of memory
June 03, 2004 06:47PM
Has anyone figured out why this happens and how to fix it?
I put in 1gig of ram and ran a hardware test and repair disk utitly and I still get the same error meesages.
Re: Error out of memory
June 04, 2004 12:30PM
One usually gets this error if you have / in your clip names

mike
June 13, 2004 08:55PM
i got the same thing and i don't have / anywhere!? can't open the project anymore...
September 06, 2004 10:47AM
Hoss:

I had this happen on an old G4 system when the timeline had lots of HQ jpgs that were being scaled down... I opened up the project one morning and while it was 'Preparing video for display' the out of memory error would occur. The project opened fine on a G5 (with much more RAM) but it wouldn't open on the G4 anymore.

- Luke Goddard
November 11, 2004 10:24PM
Guys-

Getting general error and out of memory as well. Digitized one project to my hard drive and it's running with no troubles. When I try to open clips digitized to my external Lacie firewire drive I get the out of memory message. I can play clips (they are 1hr each) in the viewer, but when I try to edit any into the sequence they won't play. Could it be an issue with the external drive?

I'm running an 1.8 mhz imac G5, 1gig ram, 160 hard drive, and 250 external lacie porsche firewire drive. FCP HD. Have not found many strings on this problem so anything you've got would help.

K
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics