Capture issue: GL2 / FCP HD / G5 dual 1.8

Posted by Greg Remy 
Anyone? Help!

I read the issues with the other user in the forum who also had my setup.

The knowns:
MAC HD has ample empty space. No where near 90% full.
Using a new LaCie 160GB external HD on an 800 Firewire (tried 400 too)

The only way I get connectivity in Log and Capture is once I have unplugged the external HD from the G5. I have same issue if using other external HDs both LaCie and others. A sony digital camcorder has no issues with any of the hard drives.

I get the hanging up program ("spinning beach ball of death"winking smiley issue until I turn off the camera - then FCPHD will completely load or close or whatever I am awaiting.

I cannot eject an external HD if the GL2 is on VTR mode either. The eject hangs up until I turn the GL2 off.

I am only able to function normally when I have no external HDs connected, but just the GL2 to the G5 via Firewire 400 (4pin at cam, 6 pin at G5). Under this workaround I can capture to the internal MAC HD and then must disconnect GL2 (or turn off), connect an external HD and transfer from internal HD to external. Efficiency Cop say, "No Bueno".

Any clues I might try?

Oh, this occurs without difference under both Firewire NTSC and Firewire NTSC Basic setups.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated.

Greg

I'm having the EXACT same problem ("spinning beach ball of death" and all). I found your message when I was searcing for a solution. Iwish someone had replied with a solution.

Saied
Try posting this on the Cafe LA forum. Maybe someone else is having same problem

mike
i;ve had the same problem and haven't found a great solution. I've just used a different deck/camera to log and capture and it works fine. Weird problem isn't it-

andrew
having a similar sitaution using a deck, and switching out hds. will try capturing internally and see if that helps.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics