Timecode discrepency in after batch capture

Posted by james 
We took a batch capture list created in a powerbook (FCP 4.5) and put it into our desktop G5 (FCP 4.5). On capture the timecodes are generally ok but there are many clipss where the timecode in or out has changed at random. Also the prog seems to capture the clips, then we are given the option to insert a new reel ( the same as is already inside the deck) and capture X amount of clips, cancel or continue. Cancel stops the process and the clips remain uncaptured (even though we observed the capture), continue seems to recapture.... what is going on?
It seemss that the end of the clips are being chopped off, there doesn't seem to be any consistent TC offset...please help!!!!
I think you may be experiencing the same problem I am. I was doing batch imports OK with earlier versions of FCP, but ran into a problem the first time I did it in FCP HD.

My batch import text file showed the timecode numbers with a semi-colon before the frames indicating the correct drop frame mode. But after I imported the text file, the shots showed up in the FCP browser bin with all colons, and the numbers had been converted to their non-drop frame counter parts.

Was your original material drop frame? If so, the TC numbers should have one semi-colon before the frames, or all semi-colons. If this is the case, what about the shots in your bin after you imported them? If you have the same problem I have, all your imported shots will now show all colons.

If you have a TC converter program, type in one of your original numbers as drop frame. Then convert it to non-drop. Does the new number match the seemingly "random" number in your bin?

I really think this is a bug, and I'm interested in knowing if this is the same thing you have. If so, I did figure out a workaround. Let me know, and I can send it to you.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics