Final cut 4 unexpectedly quits on start up

Posted by Noah Pillsbury 
When ever I start Final cut 4 it unexpectedly quits after loading. I did a reinstall and the same thing is occuring. My final cut 4 is an upgrade. Everything was working fine and then this started occurring. I have projects that I am currently working on and time constraints. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please help.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly but that didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions.
Trash prefs, repair permissions etc. Anytime you do a install or reinstall you should do this

[www.lafcpug.org]

mike
Hi, None of these things seem to be working. I am think one of the problems might have something to do with the original software is FCP 1.2.1 and when I try to start this program it gives me the errror message "That application or control panel is not supported by Classic." I have Classic OS 9.2.2. But like I said in the beggining everything was fine and then all of a sudden FCP 4 started giving me the error message I stated at the top of my message. I even tried to remove all the FCP programs and preferences etc. and re-upgrading to 10.3.7>empty trash restart and reinstall>repair permissions. Still nothing. Any other Ideas. Thanks for your help.
I was able to start final cut from an archived version on another drive. But it was missing the advanced pull down options. I am not trying to install a hack version of the software it is legit. So when I tried to reinstall to my start up disk the same ole error appears.
I got it working thanks.
Hey Noah,
How did you ultimately get your system working? I just upgraded to HD from FCP 2 (way behind the times I know), and I can't even get it to open - I just get the error message that FCP has unexpectedly quit. I've already tried all the usual things - repairing permissions, trashing my prefs, etc. What ended up working for you? Thanks.
I am experiencing the same problem. What was the final solution to this error, does anyone know? Thanks.
Re: Final cut 4 unexpectedly quits on start up
July 06, 2005 09:48PM
Hey. I am frustrated, as you have been, with FCP quitting. What was it that finally helped you?
October 04, 2005 04:36AM
I am having the same problem, the application quits before it's even launched...come on you magicians out there, someone must have a trick up their sleeve to solve this!
October 05, 2005 09:33AM
Possible solution- I ran Disk Utility, on the kind suggestion of a friend, Repaired Permissions-Repaired Disk. Dumped about 30gigs of data onto an external drive, and ran a clean install. Not sure which thing fixed the problem but FCP HD and Motion all appear to be working well....
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics