FCP 5 Constant Dropped Frames

Posted by keith_dallas 
FCP 5 Constant Dropped Frames
May 23, 2005 11:06PM
Just got Final Cut Studio over the weekend and got it installed. Everything went well until I started using the included DVD tutorials that are included to introduce you to the new features in Final Cut Studio. For me it is an upgrade from FCP 4.5.

The Training DVD's include a FCP 5 lesson on building a trailer that is to be loaded into the Timeline at DV-NTSC Anamorphic. Once the Anamorphic clips were imported into the bins, I began to bring clips into the Timeline per Instructions. The have speed changes already built into them. So, the lesson focused on performing speed ramping on some of the clips and adding Fade In and Fade out Dissolves as transitions. Sounded simple until playback. Dropped frames galore.

Per direction at the outset of the Interactive Tutorial, I setup Rt Extreme using the new Dynamic Realtime playback feature. Dropped frames at each Dissolve. I even went so far as to bring the playback quality all the way down. Still dropped frames at each Dissolve and each Keyframe where speed ramping would occur.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is this something that I can correct or it this a real bug?

Keith Hill
Lighted Path Films
MAC G5 2Ghz, 1.5 RAM, OS X Tiger (10.4.1), FCP 5, Motion 2. DVD Studio Pro 4, Autodesk Combustion (v.3.0.4; MAC)
Re: FCP 5 Constant Dropped Frames
May 24, 2005 10:25AM
We will have to wait until more people get FCP 5. Thanks for the report

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: FCP 5 Constant Dropped Frames
May 24, 2005 02:37PM
It appears that I have resolved the issue with the dropped frames.

It appears that I did not move the project media files from the DVD to my desktop. This is the same Disk that the Interactive Lessons/Instructor is on. So, as I followed along with the lesson the conflict occured between FCP5, the DVD Player and the ROM info on the Disks that were trying to apply effects to the media on the disk.

I haven't had any dropped frames since moving the files to my Internal Drive.

Keith Hill
Lighted Path Films
MAC G5 2Ghz, 1.5 RAM, OS X Tiger (10.4.1), FCP 5, Motion 2. DVD Studio Pro 4, Autodesk Combustion (v.3.0.4; MAC)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics