When Editing a Nested Sequence, the Changed Audio Does Not Make It to the Master

Posted by marklove 
When Editing a Nested Sequence, the Changed Audio Does Not Make It to the Master
July 10, 2005 01:09AM
When I edit a nested sequence, make changes, then go back to my master timeline, only the changed video gets played -- the audio remains as it was before the edit, and therefore becomes totally out of sync, not to mention wrong.

Is it better to cut the clips out of the nested sequence and and paste into the master timeline, thus eliminating the nested sequence altogether, to get around this bug???

And why does there have to be two versions of nested sequences (1 - the one in the master timeline, and 2 - the browser-referenced one) ??? It's a pain in the ass!

thanks anyone smiling smiley
Re: When Editing a Nested Sequence, the Changed Audio Does Not Make It to the Master
September 24, 2007 04:51AM
did you click on the audio file or the video file (supposing stereo link is off). But yea, I get a strange similar problem- I change something in the credits and it doesn't show up in the master unless i rerender the entire sequence. Which is quite crummy when i'm in a rush. I'm on 5.1
Re: When Editing a Nested Sequence, the Changed Audio Does Not Make It to the Master
September 24, 2007 08:24AM
Mark
When I edit a nested sequence, make changes, then go back to my master timeline, only the changed video gets played -- the audio remains as it was before the edit

this has worked for me:

inside the nest, toggle visibility on an audio track.
this was a year ago, and *maybe* i forced a global audio re-think by option-clicking on an audio track to solo it, then clicking again to turn it off. (so ALL tracks are inactive.)
then i turned then all on again.

but i also seem to remember i had many, many audio tracks in there, some active , some not.
that would have made things difficult
so *maybe* i just turned the relevant one off, then on again

anyway, when i popped back out, the nest had updated.

also i seem to remember that toggling visibility on the audio clip level didn't work,
had to be the whole track.

Stypes
- I change something in the credits and it doesn't show up in the master unless i rerender the entire sequence

if you BLADE the nest at the head of the credit sequence,
and make your changes in the now separate section,
it may work.

nick
September 25, 2007 11:10AM
>
> if you BLADE the nest at the head of the credit
> sequence,
> and make your changes in the now separate
> section,
> it may work.
>

Yup, figured that out... Was irritating. Though, I suspect it has something to do with available memory than anything else, as it happens mostly towards the end of a project- file sizes get larger and they're harder to keep track, but it's still irritating, coz at these points, i now have more visuals to keep track off, and i can't rely on the "sometimes it changes, sometimes it doesn't" temperament of the machine.
September 26, 2007 10:06AM
when you get down that end of the project, it pays to start making separate projects for all the fiddly post work, i reckon.

nick
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics