FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit

Posted by Malc101 
FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 04, 2006 11:17AM
I have upgraded a number of FCP online suites to FCP version 5.1.2 and when we use the FCP color corrector in a 10 bit sequence and render 10-bit material in high precision YUV we get interesting artifacts in the high lights on the grade one monitor. This problem is on all 4 online suites is this a known 5.1.2 upgrade bug or is a Kona 3 problem? All the G5's are Quad 2.5 GHz Power PCs (non intel) 4.5 GB of RAM, QT version 7.1.3, OSX 10.4.7 Kona Driver version 2
Re: FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 04, 2006 11:27AM
I'd look over on Kona support to see if there are new drivers or ask if any issues with 5.1.2 Let us know.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 05, 2006 12:36PM
Mike

I have contacted Kona about this problem and I will let you know.

Please note that the footage 1st has to be re-sized and then graded and the the 10 bit sequence rendered 10-bit high precision YUVbefore you see the plaid like artifacts in the highlights. It is only displayed on the analog + SDI outputs on grade 1 and client monitor and not the apple cinema display in the FCP's canvas.

Also the problem still ocurs using Kona 3 version 3.3 drivers so it looks like a compatibility issue with FCP 5.1.2 and Kona 3 Version 3.3.

Cheers.

Malcolm
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics