Mystery commands in FCP5 and 6?

Posted by Loren Miller 
Mystery commands in FCP5 and 6?
May 29, 2007 12:42AM
There's a great new command set in FCP 5 which I cannot get to work-- Go Next Clip or Go Previous Clip-- as opposed to Go Next-prev Edit.

The default is Control-Command Left and Right Arrow.

Can't get it to work in the FCP5 timeline! Anybody else have luck? PPC? Intel? FCP 6?

Same goes for "Increment item"-- Command-F2. Looks like a text field command. Cannot get this to work in Log and Capture window.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Mystery commands in FCP5 and 6?
June 01, 2007 07:53AM
I can't find those commands in the button list in FCP 6, Loren. And they don't work. Maybe they've been removed?

I did find that go forward one second is shift right arrow and go back one second is shift left arrow, though, which I didn't know. I usually skip edit to edit.

Re: Mystery commands in FCP5 and 6?
July 09, 2007 10:56PM
[I did find that go forward one second is shift right arrow and go back one second is shift left arrow, though]

Yes! And if you like moving the playhead 1 second, be aware you can move a selected *clip* the same distance with Shift-Option-Left/Right arrow. Very cool.

And re skipping to edits, when a client wants to see your color correction shot-to-shot or parked-frame-to-next/prev-shot, there's nothing like the spring-loaded "Visit Previous/Next" on Control-Left/Right Arrow.

Oh, I have a million of them... I do love them all. I owe my wrist to them.

But these mystery commands-- they are definitely in the 6.0 list- a US retail version- and assigned the keys indicated. Here are more, I may have mentioend elsewhere--

Search Field- Command-Control-S
Queue State toggle- Command-Control - Q

Very strange. Haven't heard from FCP team contacts about these, either. But then, they have lives.

- Loren
Today's FCP 6 keytip:
Set Video Only In and Out with Control I or O !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics