Media manager: not deleting unused media, projects moved from 5.1 > 6.0

Posted by mark raudonis 
Media manager: not deleting unused media, projects moved from 5.1 > 6.0
June 13, 2007 10:31PM
While Media Manager has never been known for it's good behavior, the follow bug has stopped us dead in our tracks: We've got sequences started in 5.12, migrated them to 6.0 and attempted to media manage. We've discovered that Multicam clips are NOT "giving up" their unused media... in other words, we can't seem to get rid of 99% of the media. We've proven that this is a 6.0 issue by taking the same project and media managing it in 5.12 and getting the expected results. However, when we try the same sequence in 6.0, it "hangs onto" the media, stubbornly refusing to "delete unused media".

Examining the item properties within the browser reveals that the "resolution" has not updated only on the clips that didn't get "managed". This is mirrored by the "media off-line" icons for the "good clips" filling the frame, but the "long" clips still showing up as "small boxes" as if they won't let go of their "off-line RT" roots.

Since our workflow is based on the classic "off-line to on-line" method, this bug has shut us down.
Anyone else out there seeing this?

Thanks.

Mark
Re: Media manager: not deleting unused media, projects moved from 5.1 > 6.0
July 09, 2007 11:05PM
Sounds terrible. What machine and OS, Mark?

Similar workflow, but I'm not seeing this on a recent model Intel quad-core tower running 10.4.8. Just MM'd a 10-month old 5.x project in 6.0 without issues, and it captured smoothly, via SDI out of deck to Kona 3, using their AJA 525/60 8-bit uncompr codec, including- and only including- the 1 second handles specified.

I have not tested this workflow using RS422, Firewire, or on a G5.
Love to know how you nail it.

- Loren
Today's FCP 6 keytip:
Set Video Only In and Out with Control I or O !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Reg
September 23, 2007 09:07AM
Hi,
I have the exact same problem, did you find a work around?

Reg
September 23, 2007 12:08PM
not certain,
but i seem to remember the upgrade to 6.0.whatevr fixed this?
what version are you on?

(are you sure you're getting the exact same problem? not just a simple case of MM not trimming?)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics