Animation export bug?

Posted by strypes 
Animation export bug?
May 10, 2008 07:25AM
Posted this in main board.

Exporting from a YUV codec (DvcProHD 720p) into Animation, causes the white point to clip.

Original Shot: [i282.photobucket.com]
Scopes of the shot: [i282.photobucket.com]

Lowered it before export to prevent clipping: [i282.photobucket.com]
Clipped: [i282.photobucket.com]

Exported it with a lower white point and colored it in case the RGB mapping was confused with having too much similar colors, but this still clipped at a lower white point of around 70% on the scopes: [i282.photobucket.com]

I was curious and decided to lower the shot down to 50%: [i282.photobucket.com]
Scopes at this point: [i282.photobucket.com]

Clips on export: [i282.photobucket.com]
Scopes: [i282.photobucket.com]

Work around to this is to color correct it to broadcast safe, export it in Uncompressed 10 bit (to keep within YUV space), and reimport it into the timeline, then export it as Animation.

Similar issues exporting via QT conversion or Compressor. Switching the timeline to Animation clips the footage instantaneously.

FCP 5.1.4, QT 7.4.5, OS 10.4.11. Original codec DvcproHD 720p50. Timeline codec Uncompressed SD.
Re: Animation export bug?
May 15, 2008 12:23AM
Think I see the issue finally... And Adam Wilt has done it again...

[provideocoalition.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Animation export bug?
May 15, 2008 03:14PM
Tried out pre-rendering. It works for QT conversion (since QT conversion renders off rendered files, it works). Rendering before exporting to Compressor doesn't work.

As Adam Wilt mentioned "It?s as if I hadn?t applied the gain change until after FCP had clipped the superwhites!"

Update: Tried it in FCP 6.0.3, Octo, QT 7.4.5. Similar issues.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics